Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sweet Babies

I have been enjoying my kids so much. The sweetness in their faces and voices is overwhelming to me. Camden made me a mommy, and Eisley made me a mommy to a little girl, two very different things. They are so smart in their own ways, here's the thing about my kids. They both have the sweetest spirit. With Mat and I as parents, I didn't know what to expect from out little ones! We're both a little weird, each with our own quirks, but our hearts have been made pure. I still struggle on a daily basis. Gone are the days when I think I've got it all together. I need to submit to the Lord much more, listen to my mind a lot less. Mat is a great dad, and a special, special guy. He wants the kids know he loves them, and he wants them to learn and grow. He has grown in his faith so much in the past year, and for that I am thankful. Our kids are our investments, of sorts. We put all we have into these little babies, hoping and praying at the end we have two respectable and loving human beings who live by God's plan for their lives. We may not always do what everyone else thinks is right, but after all, they're our investments. We put stock in God's guidance and we listen to Him in parenting Cam and Eisley because we want them to see that as a model, and know what it's like to walk with the Lord. It's a prayer that I pray over them every single night. They are such a treasure, and deserve to be treated and raised as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment