Monday, October 5, 2009

So Busy.

This had got to be one of the busiest times of my life! I can't find any time to rest or really do anything fun. I know it will be all worth it, but I'm ready for a weekend that I don't have anything to do. I'm ready to get this show over on Saturday because I can barely play bass when my fingers hurt so bad from painting for hours the night before. Ugh, I really don't like complaining, so I'll stop and discuss happy things!

We're almost ready to move out last items out of the house, i.e. t.v., beds, couch.The plan is to do that on Tuesday and sleep there that night. I still have to work on getting this house ready for someone else to move in here. (You know anyone? It's a nice house at a good price!) Anyhoo, Cam loves the new house. He loves having 2 rooms and the cement outside along with Mat's new garage is plenty of space for him to play. I'll post pics on Facebook because you never can tell who's reading your blog.

Here's a recipe that I threw together the other night. It literally took about 20 minutes from start to finish.

1 lb. pasta (I used medium sized shells because that's what Cam picked)
Sauteed chicken (I used 1 can chicken and 1 leftover grilled breast b/c that's what I had)
1 package baby bella mushrooms
3 cups baby spinach
1 tbs flour
onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup cream cheese
a 1/3 cup chicken broth
1/2 can great northern beans
salt and pepper to taste
EVOO

Cook pasta to al dente in salted water.

Heat the pan over medium high heat. 1 turn of EVOO in the pan should do it. Let that heat up and drop in your chopped onion. Cook til translucent and add in the chopped mushrooms. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and add garlic. When the mushrooms are almost tender add salt and pepper. Sprinkle in the flour and stir. Let cook for 1-2 minutes. Throw chicken in and heat through. Add chicken broth and stir. Scrape up any bits off the bottom of the pan. Let that simmer and thicken just a little. Add your cream cheese (you may want to use more than 1/2 cup) and melt into the sauce. It will turn into a rich and silky cream sauce. Let that simmer for a few minutes. Add your spinach. It looks like a lot, but it will wilt down to almost nothing. Add beans and mix through. When the sauce is done add in the drained pasta. They should be done right around the same time.

Now, what I did was added a little more chicken broth and cheese to make more sauce. Just make sure you have enough sauce for the amount of pasta. Check the seasonings after you add the pasta. You'll probably need to add salt and pepper. If you have any basil, it would be delicious, I just didn't have any.

So, there you go! It was soooo good! Mat said it was his favorite pasta ever....and I make a lot of thrown together pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment