Thursday, February 2, 2012

Accomplished.

Today I feel accomplished. It's an especially great way to feel after trying to recover from a crazy week by doing as little as possible for a day or two. Our garage benefited from my burst of energy, as well the kid's tummies! I decided to try out a new recipe that I had my eye on- Black Bean Burgers. They were delicious!

1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed, keep aside about 1/4 cup
1/2 onion, minced or grated
3 cloves garlic minced
1 large eggs
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. salt

Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in Panko and toast until golden brown. Set aside and and cool.

Mash black beans in a bowl using a fork or a potato masher until fairly smooth. Add in the whole beans. Stir in onion, garlic, eggs, cumin and salt. Separate into 4 even portions and form into patties. Cook until well browned on both sides. About 10 minutes total.

I served the burgers with a whole wheat pita cut in two pieces, cheddar cheese, and vegan mayonnaise. I had some romaine lettuce on mine as well. Corn on the cob and baked beans rounded out our dinner. It was soooo good and filling! I hope you'll try a new recipe this week. It's so much fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment