Thursday, February 9, 2012

Just Waiting.

There are so many unknowns in life. I hate that. I am, by nature, a planner. I like to know what's going on, what going to happen in the future, and how I can make everything better. This has, as you can imagine, posed a huge problem in my Christian walk. God makes the way. Not us. Not me! I think that may be one the biggest obstacles in giving your life over to Christ. I mean, really and truly giving yourself to your Maker. Being selfless is easier said than done.

Our family has lots of decisions and possible changes on the horizon. The easy thing is to do what we think is best and keep on moving. The hard thing is waiting and praying and waiting some more. It is a temptation to be hasty and let your mind sway your decisions. So, we sit, pray, and wait on God to lay our plan our in front of us. Not having an answer is hard. Getting the answer of, "not now," is way harder. We know all the answers will come, and that we will be rewarded for our faithfulness. In these times, I find myself feeling closer to my Father and I have learned, that is His plan. He leads us down uncertain paths to draw us near to Him. For that, I am thankful and still in waiting.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you and your husband and on this walk together...that is so wonderful...

    Much love and praying for patience as you wait to see what God has in store...

    Love to you guys
    Leesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leesa! It sometimes seems like waiting is all we've ever done, but we know our reward is waiting!

    ReplyDelete