
Any of you who know Cam know that he is a talkative little one after he warms up. I find that, over the past 2 1/2 years, that his little conversations sometimes don't register with me. If I'm up washing dishes, folding laundry, or doing one of my other chores his ramblings can become almost like a background noise.
Today I was trying to get back into the swing of things after being sick and lazy for a few days. I was sweeping the kitchen floor and heard him chatting away in the living room. I caught a glimpse of him as I passed and saw him sitting on the couch with a book in his lap. Then I tuned into his little voice and heard him praying such a sweet little prayer. It went something like this: "...and for this guy. Jesus, help the giraffe and him. And God..." Well, that's when he noticed me spying on him! But it really made me emotional! As a mommy, it's so awesome to see my little one growing and learning such awesome things at such a young age. It really shows how much they pay attention. As a wife, it makes me proud that my husband and I have committed to instilling these values in our child. I can't even explain how far away I am from the person I used to be. Had I seen a little boy saying a prayer like that say, 5 years ago, I would have found it comical. There's no way I would have believed that a little boy Cam's age would sit down and say a prayer all by himself. To me it says that my little man already has a relationship with Jesus. I believe by being raised by followers of Christ, he has felt that love all along! And the really cool thing is that I have thought back....and when we say his prayers, it's mostly things like thank yous and we love yous. To walk in on him saying "help the giraffe" was really awesome. We haven't normally prayed for help in his bedtime prayers. I guess maybe we should expand on his praying a little :)
I am so incredibly grateful to the Lord that He saw fit to allow me to be the mom of such an amazing little soul, and that He has blessed me with this life that I could have never imagined! I am so proud of my family. I used to think I could do it all on my own. Man...I was soooooo mistaken! I am desperate for the love and grace shown only my Savior.
I really want to ask for your prayers. Mat and I are trying to get pregnant again (we have been for almost a year now). I know it will happen in God's time. But I just ask that you all pray for us as we put forth our best effort to create another awesome little baby to raise and love! I've prayed that if it wasn't meant to happen, that God would take away my desire until it is time. My desire is stronger than ever...so now I'm asking for prayer from you! Thanks in advance!
No comments:
Post a Comment