Who is lead by love?
The one who has been denied.
The one who had never felt touch or heard a kind word.
Who is lead by fear?
The one who always had a plan.
The one who never accepts change and is terrified to fail.
Who is lead by grace?
The one who's always done wrong.
The one who's made mistake after mistake and never been forgiven.
Who is lead by the Father?
The one who's been forgotten by hers.
The one who lost the privilege to call the name "Daddy."
I wrote this late the other night thinking about why I was lead to change my life. It seems to me, each believer is drawn to the love of Christ because of what is missing in their lives. He provides all we need, but what is it that drew you to Him? For me it was His grace...knowing that no matter what I had done in my past, even minutes before, didn't matter in the least to Him. I had had a hard time accepting myself as a believer due to things I had done, people I had hurt, mistakes I had made, etc. But through prayer and time I have come to realize that every sin I've ever committed (and each sin I will commit) has already been paid for. My debt has been paid by my most gracious and loving Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment